Latency is the term we use for the time it takes for your PC to send data to our servers and then for our servers to respond to your PC. You can see your latency by typing /fps and pressing enter when you’re in APB Reloaded. Latency is a number you want to be as low as possible: less than 80 is ideal and up to 150 is playable. Anything more than 150 and you will notice issues with the game.
You are probably suffering from very high latency when you see the following issues:
- Characters warping around the screen
- Chat channels take a long time to update
- Shots are not registering against enemy players
- Enemies appear to be teleporting around the environment
- A message at the top of your screen saying ‘connection problems…’
The first thing to do before submitting a CS ticket is to try and restart APB Reloaded. This can sometimes clear up latency issues.
Please also make sure that no one else on your connection is running high bandwidth applications. These applications can cause latency and lag by clogging up your connection.
Please submit a ticket to Customer Service detailing your latency issues with the following information in it:
- The server you were connecting to when you experienced this issue.
- The time that it happened to you (please list your timezone when telling us this)
- If the District you were in at the time was very busy
- A traceroute to the server you were connecting to.
- Additionally if you could run a traceroute to the server that you were trying to connect to and send us the results of this it will help us determine where your attempt to join a district failed.
To run a traceroute and copy the results to us:
- Click Start
- Go to Programs
- Go to Accessories
- Select Command Prompt
- Enter the word tracert followed by space then the ip address of the server you are trying to connect to.
- Right click anywhere on the command window and select ‘mark’
- You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse.
- Paste the copied text into a .txt file by hitting Ctrl + V.
Server IP addresses
Colby / Han:
Patriot / Obeya:
For example, if I wanted to run a traceroute to Obeya I would type: